...fRiDaY nIgHt LiGhTs....

Saturday, July 16, 2011

OK so waking up this morning i felt that i had to write a post about this topic.
Last night, one of my favorite shows of all time had its season finale. and it is the last season :-(

the show i am talking about...Friday Night Lights...
























This show is about a man and his family who live in Texas. He is the football coach of a small town team and the show is based on things that students go through as well as his family.

I love this show because i am able to relate to so much of the show, seeing as i grew up in a lot of the elements the show talks about.  Seeing as i am so far from home, watching this show every Friday night at 7pm made me feel that much closer to home (especially on the days that i was pretty home sick).

My sister got me hooked to the show a few years ago when she came to visit me during one of her spring breaks.  She was hanging out in my room and watching Netflix one day when i got home from work and she was watching this show. Naturally i laid down next to her and instantly i was hooked.  Thankfully she had started with the first season and during the time she was with me we watched all of the other seasons that were on Netflix.

I would have to say that it is by far one of the best shows on TV. It really makes me sad that the season had to come to an end.  It has every element that i was looking for in a television show and that the actors were all very good. I can say that i know people back in Texas that were similar to all the characters on the show and maybe that is why i fell in love with it.  I just hate that such good shows do not get to have more seasons...but shows like Survivor...or Big Brother get to go on...Now i am not downing reality shows at all...but there are some reality shows that do not need to get season after season when shows like Friday Night Lights get the boot.


But on a side note...most importantly...i always dreamed of having a man...or husband like Coach Eric Taylor (who is played by Kyle Chandler) He embodies a lot of the values and characteristics in a man that i always looked for!


But after i realized we don't live in a perfect world and that a man like Coach Taylor does not actually exist (and to be honest he probably does exist but is already married with a family by now...LoL) i am able to look for a guy in the real world that would treat me the same way he treated his wife and family in the show.
But it is nice to dream :-)

I learned that they did not build set homes to shoot the show in (all the homes/buildings that they used were real places) and to be honest that is what i loved most about the show. It seemed so real and not set up.  The outfits and other elements were so real and down to earth.  They were like real people that actually lived and worked in a small town in Texas. I could just rant on and on about this show...but i wont....i encourage you to look it up and if you have time watch a few episodes. If you don't fall in love with it like i did then at least you will get a taste of what it is like to grow up in Texas.

But in honor of the last show of Friday Night Lights....all i have to say is...

"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose"

Texas Forever!!!



3 ...CoMmEnTs...:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I have just started watching this on Netflix!!

Sherms said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I have never heard of this show. I guess it didn't make it across the Atlantic. But I do know what its like to love a show and have it get cancelled!

I don't know anything about Texas. Except of course that its famous for two things! ;) xx

The Vox said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I fell in love with show and didn't start watching it until the second season. I'm sad to see it go. I'll miss you Riggins!

 
...The anecdote of my life... - by Templates para novo blogger