...ExTrEmE cOuPoNiNg...

Friday, July 15, 2011

have you ever seen this show on TLC...



well i have seen maybe 2 episodes and all i have to say is...those people have WAY too much time on their hands!! I mean it is kool to walk into a store and buy 1000 things for only $200 but who needs 75 boxes of crackers or off brand cereal?



This lady at my job (i will call her Ms. Stoam...just a nick name we have for her...LoL)
Ms. Stoam has introduced me to the world of couponing. not extreme couponing but just enough to save me $10-$30 on my monthly grocery bills (which over time adds up!!)

For instance...last night i went to Walgreen's....

i got :

NyQuil ...$5.99
(because i have been feeling crummy the last few days...i hate taking meds but my new friend suggested i take it and to be honest i finally slept through the whole night without waking up in a coughing fit!)

Cough Drops...$2.99
(for me to use during the day so i don't kill myself hacking up stuff... :-/   )

Dental Floss...$2.00
(just got my teeth cleaned and realized i was out!!!)

EOS lip balm....2/$6.00
(hey gotta keep my lips smooth!! LoL)

OK so my total should have been: about $17.00 (not including tax)

Well at Walgreen's...the dental floss was on sale $2.00 plus you get $2.00 register rewards (which is a coupon for $2.00 ANYTHING in the store on your next purchase :-)  ) and the lip balm was 2/$6.00 but you get a $4.00 register reward to use on your next purchase. Not to mention i found some coupons in the Sundays paper for the dental floss and NyQuil...

Of course i found out you have to do separate transactions (and i went in the later afternoon when it was not busy so i would not hold up the line and to be honest it took me about 5min to check out!)

my total for all the above purchases...a whopping...$7.84

Um yea...i know! i mean i know its not extreme coupon but it def helped save me some money since I'm on a tight budget!

So yea every little bit counts. It actually does not take that much to just look and find some good deals. I know that i don't go out of my way to price something and i don't usually buy things unless i need them.  But it is nice when i can get $ knocked off my total and all i had to do was spend about 15 min. looking through the paper or looking online and just noticing what i needed and where i should go to get it.

Like i said it saves over time and that is $10 i have to blow on something else! LoL

Ms. Stoam is still teaching/helping me out...she is def on a whole different level of couping  than i am (since she has kids and has to buy a lot more things than i do!) she says she has gotten laundry detergent, toothpaste, floss, toothbrushes, deodorant, and other makeup products for FREE! she says she does not usually have to pay for them because she just looks for the best deals and when to buy things.  But like i said she is helping me out and i have been doing this for about 6 months now. and i will admit that i can def tell that i save money on my monthly budget! I am defiantly excited to see what other things i can get for a discount or even for free! But you will never see me on that extreme couponing show...LoL

found this blog about a mom who is good at finding the good deals as well...check her out!
http://www.thebargainhuntingmommy.blogspot.com/

2 ...CoMmEnTs...:

Abenaa said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I will have to try that!! We are on a tight budget too. I would never think to shop at walgreens!!

Sherms said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm all about saving money whenever and wherever possible! I will also go to the 99p store instead of the £1 shop. Those pennies add up. I just took £15.00 worth of pennies to the bank. I save em!

I could easily see myself an an almost extreme couponing person. I wouldn't let it take over my life xx

http://shermsinthemiddle.blogspot.com/

 
...The anecdote of my life... - by Templates para novo blogger