...tHe BiG aPpLe...

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

well first let me say that i have found that i am a little uneasy about flying (in an airplane)
Once when i was flying back to the Midwest from being at home we got caught in a storm...needless to say that plane had A LOT of turbulence and i was literally lifting out of my seat as they were trying to land...so since then i have been kinda freaked out about flying.



But i managed to swallow my fears and hop on a flight to NYC to meet up with one of my fav. gals!



I will have to admit...i am in LOVE with NYC...could i ever live there...no...but i can def. plan a trip once or twice a year. Being around all the people and all the lights and all the hustle is so much fun and refreshing! but i did find that after a few days i was missing my slow paced country life that i have grown into.  The shopping...the food...all the people! *sigh* all i can say is that i LOVE NYC and i cant wait to go back.

This time was a lot of fun and very different from the other times i have gone to NYC. 
The differences is that i went with a different friend this trip. She is not big on all the tourist attractions so it was nice to wonder around time square and try to find all the hidden amazing shopping spots i had stumbled upon the last time i was in the city (not to mention all the amazing food places as well). 
This time was different because i actually got to shop and i actually found some good things that i bought! My last trip i was not as lucky! i just did not find much at all the last time i was here and shopping...so i will have to say this trip i was very happy with what i walked away with (i.e. a pair if Aldo shoes from Aldo for $30 plus free shipping to my home because they did not have my size in the store...it is hard to find shoes for my big feet and even better if they are at a great price from a great store!! )

I did manage to also find my favorite bakery in little Italy.
i swear if i lived in NYC i would gain about 1000 lbs from all the amazing food and junk food places that i have found over the years. 



Oh and the big added plus to this trip is that i walked away from NYC with a new HUGE ego! LoL
Walking down the streets of NYC i was whistled at...stopped...hit on....proposed to...and even had guys asking to be my boyfriend....yes some of them were either A)old...B)homeless (well if they were not homeless they def looked like they were...LoL)...C)also trying to sale me something. We did get occasional guys who were not in any of the above stated categories summoning my attention...but i will admit it is very nice and refreshing to know that i am wanted.  Being in the small town that i am currently in and having the guy troubles that i have had def. bruised my ego.  You cant help but wonder what it is that i am doing wrong or why some of the guys i have met have turned out to treat me so bad...but my dad said it best...he said "Baby...you should not have to worry about what you are doing wrong.  You will find a guy that will like you for you and all the you bring.  If he is for you he will like everything about you and nothing you do will be wrong.  Those guys treated you that way because they are no good for you and you just had to see that so when you do find a guy that actually treats you right you will know it and appreciate it."...Dad...i couldn't agree with you more! :-) (i love my daddy!! :-)  )

But back on the note of my trip to the big city....this was a good quick trip.  A mini vacation that was much needed as i was def. getting stuck in the rut of my life.  I am happy that i was able to go and just have fun with my friend and also get to experience NYC once again. I will have to say that it is one of my favorite places to go and i look forward to the time that i can go back and maybe spend more than a few days there.

2 ...CoMmEnTs...:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I remember my first time on a plane trip to Florida. My ears would not pop at all and when they did it hurt like hell! I am from NY and I know and love the fast-paced lifestyle. The south is too slow for me! Glad you are having a great time.

Sherms said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It certainly look like you had a good time. Sometimes you just need to get away from the stresses of everyday life and relax a little. Glad you could get away to do that.

I love to fly, if I didn't I don't know how my husband and I would have made our relationship work! Sometimes you have unsettling experinces but if you don't try again you could end up with a real phobia xx

http://shermsinthemiddle.blogspot.com/

 
...The anecdote of my life... - by Templates para novo blogger