...TaH tAh TeXaS...

Tuesday, January 8, 2013


A few days i had to say farewell to my beloved state and return back to the frozen midwest :-/


For those of you who do not know...
I was born and raised in Texas
and YES...it is True what they say about Texans...
We are PROUD to be from Texas! LoL


Just ask my roomies...out whole living room is decorated with antique Texas memorabilia
If i can not live in Texas i wanted to feel somewhat like i was in Texas when i got home at night :-)

With that being said...i know a lot of people who just do not like Texas...
So for today's (random but informative) post i decided to share some great things about Texas with you guys :-)
TEXAS TEXAS TEXAS.

The word “Texas” was the Spanish pronunciation “Tejas” of the Hasinai Indian word meaning “allies” or “friends.” In fact, the Texas state motto is “friendship.” Ironically, many Native American tribes in Texas, including the Hasinai, were totally destroyed.

Texas’ nickname is the “Lone Star State” as a reminder of its struggle for independence from Mexico and to represent Texas as an independent republic.

Oscar, the Academy Award statuette, was named for Texan Oscar Pierce, whose niece worked in Hollywood for the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences. When she saw the gold statuette, she reportedly said, “Why, that looks just like my Uncle Oscar.

The Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) is home to the world’s largest parking lot. The Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport has the third largest runway in the world and is the alternate landing site for the space shuttle. Texas has more airports than any other state in the country.

At 268,601 square miles, Texas is the largest state in the contiguous United States and is the second biggest state in the U.S. (only Alaska is bigger). Texas is larger than many nations of the world, including every country in Europe. If it were a country, it would be the 40th largest country in the world, after Chile and Zambia.

Texas is the second most populous state in the U.S., after California. New York is the third most populous. In 2010, the U.S. Census reported the population of Texas as 25,145,561. In 1990, it was 16,986,510. The population density in 2010 was 96.3 people per square mile.

The most popular snack foods in Texas are Frito pie (a bag of Fritos mixed with chili, onions, and cheese eaten straight from the bag), peanuts in Dr Pepper, beef jerky, jalapenos, and corn dogs.



texas. 

So there you have it!
Now you can say that you learned something new today!
There is a lot of great history not just behind Texas but other states as well!
I am a secret history buff. i love going to museums and learning about the history and culture of things that our generation did not get to see or experience.

Hope i was able to share something good with you today!
Have a great day guys!
  



Photobucket

4 ...CoMmEnTs...:

Miss Daja said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That's exactly how I am with California. I live in Las Vegas and have been here for the past 6/7 years but I'm a Cali girl all the way.

Thanks for the History lesson on Texas. I visited Dallas, TX when I was 16. Didn't really have too much fun because I was with family. I always void to visit when I got older just haven't made it down that way.

I have friends in Dallas though so I have to make a point to get down there within the next 2 years.

Miss Daja
www.noboizallowed.com

Dara said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love this! Because I'm from Texas and when I leave the state all I can talk about is how awesome Texas is!

Dara

Misha said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I enjoyed this post.:) There were quite a few things I didn't know about TX since I'm not from there. These facts were interesting and I'm glad you shared!

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a fun post. I live in Oklahoma, so we're neighbors! Oklahomans are also proud of our state, but we are good friends with your state too!

Warmly,
Meredith

 
...The anecdote of my life... - by Templates para novo blogger