...GoT My NaiLs DID!...

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Well for those who saw THIS post....or THIS post...
You will know that I do NOT get my nails done very often
...well i do get a regular pedicure...but as far as my finger nails...that is a WHOLE different story

I use my hands a lot during the day. 
I am actually pretty rough with my hands
I am not sure if i am just that clumsy 
But all of my jobs i am pretty hands on
So when i do get my nails done...it looks nice for about a FEW HOURS :-/
Yea i know.
So naturally i do not get my nails done very often at all (unless i have a big fashion show/photo shoot coming up)

I end up paying $20-$30 to get my nails done and it wont even last me a whole week!
Well my friends...i have found a new solution to my finger nail paint chipping problem!
shellac nails



What shellac nails is they apply a gel to your nails.  
I have never had the real nail add onto my nails (because of all of the horror stories/horrible nail beds i have seen of friends and family after they get their nails done...hence why i stick to the regular mani/pedi when i go to the nail salon)

This get is applied to your nail and then they apply the nail polish that you like
Well i was VERY hesitant to try this for MONTHS
But after the nail lady i usually see convinced me to try it this time i will admit i was quite impressed!
It did not take very long at all! (like 20 minutes)
And they look great!
I even put them to the real test and went to workout AFTER i had gotten my nails done PLUS i had to work later that day.
Nails still looked great!!
About 2 weeks later they started to look a little worn so i had previously ordered some stronger nail polish remover (with acetone) on Amazon.
soaked each nail and Used the big round makeup remover pads and 
the stuff came right off!



So i will have to say i will give this shellac nail polish two thumbs up!
I decided to share this with you guys because when talking to "salesman" they will try to sale the moon if they can.
So if anyone was ever curious about it i just wanted to share my experience about it. 
It was like getting a regular manicure they just added a few extra layers by using the gel and finishing polish.
No grinding or sanding down...not digging into your nail beds...
It was quick...simple...and painless!
I will for sure use this method in the future. If i am going to pay to have my nails done it is nice to have them look good for longer than just a few days!

Hope this helps guys!
Have a great day!
Photobucket

4 ...CoMmEnTs...:

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I've never heard of shellac nails! I'll have to give it a try because I hate the drilling and the filing! They look pretty! I love french manicures! =)

Ergo - Blog

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I LOVE shellac nails, my polish normally chips really easily so I love that its hard wearing.

Jessi in Wonderland

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i was always super hesitant as well, i always do them in the summer and they really look so good. i have such thin nails so they grow and stay so nice and nothing strange happened to my nails thankfully! :)

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I’ve never tried them before, but it looks like it’s worth a try, especially since it seems to be more resistant to wear than most polishes. I wonder if you can combine this with other nail polish, since they seem to have a transparent coat, maybe as the last coat to protect the more fragile layer of polish.

Lakisha Gelb

 
...The anecdote of my life... - by Templates para novo blogger