Wednesday, July 3, 2013
Yes summer time is here and what is the fun thing to do on holidays such as the 4th of July?
Meet at the park and have a BBQ with your friends and family?
Cook up some great foods and hit the lake?
Or go to the local pool or beach and enjoy the sun and some great food?
Just because it is a holiday does not mean that you have to make unhealthy food choices.
there are PLENTY of healthy food options for you to choose from.
You can create a healthy dish that looks just as good and TASTE just as YUMMY as the non healthy desserts you usually have.
Here are a few tips to help you stay on track with your healthy eating during the upcoming holiday weekend:
- Try to make fruit trays instead of cookies or other types of candy
- Use low-fat whip topping for a substitute for ice cream
- You can make a low-fat pudding dessert and add fruit and granola instead of pies and ice cream
- Try to provide water bottles instead of sugary drinks and carbonated beverages
- If you want to get Popsicle try to use the fruit Popsicle or create your own with real fruit, honey, and almond milk
- You can also freeze yogurt and server that as a sweet treat
- Try to grill with chicken, turkey, or lean beef instead of other fatty meats
- Try to keep the salads healthy by limiting the amount of cheese and creamy dressings that you can put on them.
- PLAN AHEAD! This will allow you to create and plan out your menu’s instead of waiting until the last-minute. This will limit the chances of you “grabbing something” that can be unhealthy for you and your guest.