...AfTeRmAtH...

Thursday, August 20, 2009













a friend once told me that New York city is the city that cultivates and encourages the "hustling" dream....








i am not too sure how i feel about that. not to knock it or anything, i have a few friends who have jobs where their whole salary comes from their commission...which is good i supose...until you hit that dry spell and dont know when to expect your next check, or you are use to living a lifestyle, but when your income is cut and you dont know how long, what do you do then? i mean i know that "hustling" is def NOT the job for me. i like to know when and where i am getting my money. i like knowing how hard i need to work to get what i want. i guess its just a prefernce of choice. possible how you are raised? i know that i was introduced to this lifestyle until my late teens. yes this is partially b/c my mom did a great job at keeping us away from it, but i guess i just dont quite understand why someone wouldwant to live that way. to each his own right?












but in new york, we saw the cream of the crop on the streets. from selling handbags, wallets, watches, movies, clothes, you name it, they have it...packed in their stand as they stand there all day in all types of weather to try to sale their items to make ends meet. not to mention the people who just skip asking for selling of products and go straight to asking for money. it is interesting to see how much they do make. i know that the people i was in new york with gave away $10 maybe more $ to one guy. if he hits up 5 or 6 people and gets that amount, that is more than some people make in one day. not to mention the other free things they may get like food or clothing, or other items that are handed to them just b/c they ask. this indeed opens my eyes yet again to how blessed thati am and i def appreciate all of the things and all of the people the good Lord has put in my life.








it encourages me more and more to want to help those who need it the most. i cant quite figure out where i want to aim but i do watn to help. i know that doing the 200+ hours of community service with the orginizations im in does help, but i want ME to make a name for myself for helping people. i might have to wait until my wallet can do more talking for me, but i def can see myself trying to start something once i am able to manage it and keep it going. i guess i get this ambition from my mom. always trying to help others that need it the most. but the look on someones face when someone actually takes the time to help them is priceless. if you can impact just one persons life to make a difference you have accomplished something great.








well those are my thought for the day.....




................until next time...............

0 ...CoMmEnTs...:

 
...The anecdote of my life... - by Templates para novo blogger