...11.11.11...

Friday, November 11, 2011

Today is suppose to be memorable?
I mean yea it is Veterans day (and i am very appreciative for ALL that they do. i have several friends in the armed forces) but i prob wont be around for the next 11.11.11 but at least i can say that i was able to enjoy such a "momentous" day :-)

A few days ago, i came across a blog of a lady who was trying to win a contest.  this contest was to provide a surprise xmas for a needy family.  she rallied up her friends and they won the contest in a matter of hours! So thanks to her and her friends they are able to provide a nice xmas for some needy family.

Reading this story touched my heart.  Growing up we were always taught that this time of year it the best to try to give back to those who are less fortunate than we are.  so i felt compelled to send this blogger a note. i congratulated her on her win as well as offered my helping had to also help to send more items to another needy family she spoke about in her post.  i was lucky to get a response from her! So for this xmas i am going to help out a family of 6! It is a mom who is currently in a hug financial struggle and she has 4 boys and 1 girl. me and a gal at work are gonna do a little black Friday shopping so i thought this would be the perfect time to pick up a few extra things to donate to this family!

It makes me happy to know that i will actually be able to help out a family in need this year. i have not been able to do this for a few years, and in the past i did it with my sorority. but this time it is all me! It just makes my heart smile :-) so if anyone has any extra deodorant or toothpaste laying around let me know! i would love to have some extra items to send to this family (and with it being 5 kids i will def need to summon the help of all my friends as well!)


Tomorrow morning bright and early in the morning is also opening season for deer hunting!! Well it has been deer season for a while but people get to use their rifles so this is usually the big hunting time.  so if you know any hunters please tell them to be safe and to stay warm! I wont be going out this week but i will be going out in a few week. don't worry i will def keep you guys updated on if i get my first deer! Mr. Adventure is gonna go out with his friends early in the AM and all day tomorrow to try to get the big buck (the big daddy deer with the HUGE racks on their heads). opening weekend is just about the best time to get the big buck...well that was your hunting lesson for today...LoL...yea this past few months i have def learned alot about hunting (def way more than i ever expected)!!

but on a lighter note....



**click on following image to go to the website :-) **


4 ...CoMmEnTs...:

Jamie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It is so great to be generous and giving during the holidays!

Mariah Bohannon said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Stephanie! Just stopping by to say thank you for visiting Life with Penny and Lint. I hope you have fun on your hunting trip when you go. Please take some pictures. I'm hoping to go on my first hunt very soon myself.

P.S. I have some bottles of hand soap to give and I'll ask my readers too...

Have a wonderful weekend :)

Digger said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hey. Just stopping by to say thank you for the comment over on my post. I love this post and your blog is adorable! I'm a new follower! :)

Digger ~xoxo~
www.digdeeperdesign.blogspot.com

A Norwegian said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi there. Thanks for the comment. I enjoy reading your blog, and this was a very nice post in particular. It has such an important message.

http://a-norwegian-blog.blogspot.com/

 
...The anecdote of my life... - by Templates para novo blogger